Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mother's Day Altered Paint Cans



I feel like all I've been making lately is paint cans! I love making them though! Tonight I made two simple Mother's Day cans for a silent auction at our church. I'm a big time procrastinator, so I had to rush to get these done tonight to get them in on time. If I had more time, I probably would have got a bit fancier, and maybe put a bunch of ribbon around the handle of each can. I got these clear paint cans from Michael's. I really like the way they look, although I like the traditional metal paint cans as well. I used patterned paper from the DCWV Spring Blossoms pack on each can, and the Cricut cuts were from the Mother's Day cartridge. I filled both cans with products from Bath & Body Works, so I think they will make some nice Mother's Day gifts for whoever wins the bids on the cans. :)

3 comments:

  1. I just bought 2 paintcans. I really want to decorate them but I'm not sure exactly how. I've never seen them at michaels! What kind of adhesive did you use? They look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! For these clear cans, I just used my Glue Glider Pro for most of it, and I also used Martha Stewart gel glue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, Love all your paint cans! Come swing by my blog there's something there for you.

    ReplyDelete